Bring oriental flavour to your fresh chicken breasts for a quick & tasty main meal.
Japanese Fried Chicken
- Mixing bowl
- Deepfrying pan
- Kitchen roll/tissue
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ginger about a thumbnail's worth
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- 5 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp table salt and ground white pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes; bear in mind that the larger you cut the chicken the longer it’ll take to cook.
- Combine all the other ingredients then add the chicken and marinade for at least 30 minutes. Stir again before you start frying.
- Fill a deep-frying pan with 3 in. of sunflower or vegetable oil (about the depth of your thumb). Heat to 170ºc on a medium-high heat.
- Gently lay the marinated chicken in the heated oil, turning every 90 seconds. Cook for approximately 6-7 minutes, then lay on tissue paper to soak up any excess oil.